The federal government is offering eligible businesses $2,400 in non-repayable grant money to adopt e-commerce strategies and grow digitally. This is part of a $4 billion, 3-year program rolling out across Canada to help a diverse mix of ‘Main Street’ businesses. There’s a long list of items that are eligible (which you’ll find about halfway down the page here under ‘eligible costs’: Atlantic Canada – CDAP | Digital Main Street).
It could be online ordering or booking systems, e-commerce software, search engine optimization support, software subscription fees, social media/digital ads, development of a new e-commerce website, or any number of other things.
Businesses are encouraged to invest their own funds beyond $2,400 in the e-commerce strategy, but it is not a requirement. In addition to the $2,400 grant money, there is one-on-one support offered through a team of e-commerce advisors (also at no cost to the program participant).
– The business is a registered for-profit company (can be incorporated or non-incorporated; co-operatives and social enterprises are also eligible, although non-profits are not).
– The business is a consumer facing business, which means that their sales are not exclusively business-to-business (they can still sell B2B, just not ONLY B2B).
– Have at least one employee on payroll, who has been on payroll for at least 3 months when they apply (there is no minimum number of hours; FT or PT is fine).
– Cannot be a franchise/franchisee, corporate chain, real estate brokerage, or multi-level-marketing company.
– They are committed to growing their business through e-commerce strategies for at least 6 months.
Click on the link below and you can apply immediately (it takes about 20 minutes to create an account). Or you can direct your questions to Grant Coordinator, Joel Stoddart, Joel.Stoddart@cbdc.ca and he’ll be happy to answer questions for members of the SQCC.
There is a considerable amount of funds available (and they will remain available for quite a while), and the application process is quite quick. You apply and – assuming they’re eligible – have a meeting with an e-commerce advisor to discuss your plans and how you’d like to spend the money, and then move forward from there!
There is currently no deadline for this grant, but we encourage those eligible to apply asap.
Click on https://digitalmainstreet.ca/atlantic-cdap/ to learn more.